This policy covers the treatment of all personal information that The Children's Aid Society collects when you visit one of our web pages. We understand that privacy is a very important issue for visitors to our website, www.childrensaidsociety.org.
Information Collection and Use
Like all website owners, The Children's Aid Society receives and records information from your browser in our website server logs, including your IP address and the page you requested. Aside from this standard tracking data, the only other personal information our site collects about you is such data as you knowingly provide in one of our on-line forms. The Children's Aid Society is the sole owner of any information collected on this site. We will only release personal information to another organization with your consent, or to the extent required by law.
Keeping this personal information secure is a top priority for us. Personal information is private and confidential; accordingly, the information provided is stored in a secure location and is accessible only by designated employees, trained in the proper handling of customer information. Whenever The Children's Aid Society should hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and allow us to audit them for compliance. To unsubscribe to our email list, please visit our unsubscribe page.
This website may contain links to other sites. Unless we expressly state otherwise, The Children's Aid Society makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of those sites. The fact that The Children's Aid Society has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation with respect to such site, its owners, or its providers. There are risks associated with using any information, software, or products found on the Internet, and The Children's Aid Society cautions you to make sure that you understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or purchasing anything via the Internet.
In addition, we encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our site, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. Please be aware that The Children's Aid Society is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. Please check the privacy statements of these other sites for more information about their policies on collection and use of personal information.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please call (212) 949-4936. You can also contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and mailing address in the message.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question, we may then collect your name, address and email.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
- We may collect personal information from you, from time to time, in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with, anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We may use your personal information to send you information about CAS programs, events or annual fundraising appeals.
- We may use your personal information to acknowledge you by name and/or description of donation in certain printed materials, such as the annual report and event invitations or programs, or the organization’s website, unless The Children's Aid Society Development Department is directed otherwise by the donor. Donors can contact The Children's Aid Society Development Department via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 212-949-4936.
- We will use your personal information to comply with the law or regulation or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or regulation or to comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.