Day Care Program
Taft Daycare Center uses field trips, art projects and cultural programs to stimulate education and spark the imagination.
For example, each month is assigned a specific theme. For the theme "All about You," children create collages and poems about themselves, their lives and families. During Fire Safety month children practice fire drills and visit a local fire station. During Hispanic culture month, children learn songs and stories in Spanish.
Outings are a frequent part of the daily schedule and offer children a safe and supervised introduction to the cultural richness of their home community and city. Past outings have included the following New York cultural landmarks:
- The Bronx Zoo
- The American Museum of Natural History
- The New York Transit Museum
- El Museo del Barrio
- New York Aquarium
- A creative curriculum
- Three spacious classrooms
- Professionally trained staff with licensed group teachers
- Breakfast, lunch and a healthy snack prepared on-premises
- Complete facilities for art, music, dance and dramatic play
- Warm, nurturing environment
- Monthly parent meetings
Enrollment in Taft's city-funded daycare program is:
- Ongoing throughout the year
- Open to children from 2 1/2-5 years old
- Free of charge or at a small fee for families who meet HRA/ACS eligibility and income requirements
- Licensed by the New York City Department of Health
To learn more about The Taft Daycare Center, e-mail or call (212) 831-0556.